Control of pests called termites- The silent killers
Termites are detrivorous insects of the tropics and the subtropical regions which feed on dead wood, leaf litter and animal dung. They are globally acclaimed as a notorious pest because they cause serious structural and agricultural damage. But now every household, workplace, commercial building can be conserved safe from termite infestation thanks to the termite pest control Sydney agencies.
There are different types of termites based on their shape and feeding habits. They are namely:
- Dampwood termite
- Drywood termite
- Formosan termite
- Subterranean termite
- Conehead termite
Each one of them is dangerous in their own way and their population needs to be controlled. The pest control teams have several methods to check infestation by the bugs.The cleansing method of termites varies with different species.
- Drywood termites– These type of termites don’t need to live near the ground. Fumigation process with poisonous gases as well as microwave emission process can also be used to achieve relief from the damage caused by the isoptera. Sulfuryl chloride is also an effective chemical against termites.
- Dampwood termites– These termites resides in decaying damp woods. They are the largest species of termites may be swarmed(winged) or non winged. Prevention of breeding grounds such as damp wood can control of Dampwood termites.
Several methodologies are implemented for extinguishing the existence of termite colonies. Some of them are as follows :
- Termite control bait– Poisonous baits carried by the worker termites can kill several generations of the insects.
- Chlordane-A chemical which was discontinued from 1988 due to misconception of collateral damage was also a very effective method of termite control.
- Microwave method- Heat from high wavelength microwaves are used to eradicate target specific termite colonies.
A structure is weakened by a termite infestation, thereby causing many catastrophes. Termite pest control Sydney professionals should always be consulted in case any traits of infestation are observed.